Monday, November 24, 2014

V E N T I L A T I O N

I don't mean to make this a negative space but what better place than here?

Growing up I have always shared a room with my sister. We had a house at one point where my sister and I could have had separate rooms but we never got past the bunk beds stage in life. So we literally have always shared a room. And it was fine. Sure there were fights and messes but at the end of the day, I always got the clean room I was after. 

I've found that as a person, I thrive in a clean environment. It provides me with clarity, peace of mind and it's just so much more enjoyable when I can see everything in it's place. When I was looking to move out I figured that sharing a room with someone wouldn't be hard since I had been doing it since I was basically six years old. I knew it was a long shot that I would find someone who loves to clean but I figured that making your bed and taking your hair out of the shower were common courtesies that are allowed to be expected while sharing a room with another adult. 

Turns out this whole experience is quite the eye opener. 
I realized not too long ago that I bullied my sister into cleaning our room and when she wouldn't do it, I would. Because she was my sister and I could move whatever I wanted around because duh. Well you can't really do that to a grown adult. You have to deal with the dirty clothes all over the floor and closet, the mice-sized hair balls in the drain that won't get thrown away by the other person EVER, half the carpet getting vacuumed, tooth paste on the mirror and all sorts of shit. 

Here's to good vibes, positive energy and knowledge coming from this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment